Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Acupuncture Success: Lactation Insufficiency

International Breastfeeding Symbol
About a year ago I published this post about treating lactation insufficiency with Chinese Medicine.  I recently started seeing a client for insufficient lactation, and the results were so good I wanted to share her story!

A.M. came to see me when her baby was 1 month old.  Because the baby was having some difficulty latching, her milk supply was diminishing.  She was pumping multiple times a day, as well as supplementing with formula.  It was very important to A.M. that she exclusively breastfeed because of all the benefits breast milk can offer, so we went to work together to increase her milk supply.

After one treatment, A.M. was pumping three times more milk than she had been previous to the treatment and she was no longer supplementing with formula!  I was blown away by these immediate results!  A.M. has now been in for a total of 5 sessions.  She continues to produce enough milk to exclusively breast feed her baby, and the baby continues to gain weight and thrive.  Needless to say, she is so happy this has worked!  Read below for her testimonial:

"When my baby was born I tried many remedies for weeks to resolve my low milk supply. It wasn't until after I started seeing Nikki that I was able to exclusively breast feed  after a month of supplementing with formula! Nikki's services allowed me correct my low milk supply and provide nutrition for my baby. I have recommended her to many of my friends and family and will continue to do so."

Many new moms believe there is not much they can do if milk supply is an issue.  As we can see from this story, that is not true.  If you are experiencing low milk supply, or other breastfeeding issues, call for a consultation!

(See link above for more on how Chinese Medicine can affect milk supply.)

No comments:

Post a Comment